Running a contest is a sure-fire way to boost engagement and grow your audience. Why? People love free stuff! And who could blame them? Contests are a win-win for everyone.
In exchange for a small investment on your part (i.e. the prize), you have a simple and non-intrusive way to gather contact information from potential customers.
The mechanics of running a social media contest can get a little tedious if you are doing all the work yourself. To streamline the process, we have assembled a handy guide to the best apps for social media contests that do all of the nitty-gritty stuff for you.
- Use it for: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube
- Perks: Drag and drop functionality; 90+ templates and 30+ themes to choose from; the ability to run Hashtag contests, Landing Page contests and web page Embedded contests; analytics tools for monitoring your campaigns’ progress.
- Cost: Plans run from the Free plan that comes with 100 entries and the basic features, all the way up to the Brand plan which comes with 500,000 entries and far more extensive features at a cost of $499/month.
- Use it for: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google +
- Perks: A variety of contest options including photo contests, quizzes, sweepstakes, coupons and more; highly advanced and detailed analytics to help you pinpoint what works and what doesn’t.
- Cost: Plans runs from $49/month for individuals up to $299/month for large businesses and brands.
- Use it for: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- Perks: App integration with a vast array of management tools including Salesforce, Slack, Eventbrite, SurveyMonkey, Mad Mimi and much more; email marketing automation; 10 social media contest options including video contests, referrals, hashtags and sweepstakes.
- Cost: Plans runs from $49/month up to $199/month with the option of a 14 day free trail for all plans.
- Use it for: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
- Perks: Unlimited giveaways and entries at any plan level; simplest user interface out there; instant email integration with apps like MailChimp, Mad Mimi, Mailjet and many more; custom themes; flexible billing.
- Cost: Basic features, including unlimited giveaways and entries, are available with the Free plan. A step up will cost you $13/month. The priciest option with all of the bells and whistles will cost you $89/month.
- Use it for: Facebook with integration for Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.
- Perks: A variety of contest types including photos, quizzes, polls and games; extensive integration with Facebook; campaign templates with the option of customization to fit your needs.
- Cost: Yearly and monthly plans are available. Solo plans are $30/month while plans for larger businesses can cost up to $500/month. An option for enterprises with tools for managing multiple brands is also available.
- Use it for: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, Steam, Twitch, Eventbrite
- Perks: Unique reward system setups like Unlocking Game Keys, as well unique contest entry options like Nominate-a-Friend; 3rd party app integration; fraud protection; support for 20+ languages.
- Cost: Plans are available from $0/month with limited features, all the way up to $149/month or $1,490/annum.
These apps take a lot of the guesswork and technical stuff like coding out of running social media contests, so that you can focus on growing your business.
Want to learn more about creating a sensational social media presence? Check out our guide to social media advertising for newbies!