Social media is always evolving. Last year’s viral trends are old news in this year’s digital world. With 2019 ahead of us, now is the time to get familiar with the social media trends that are destined to elevate your business to new heights. Here’s what to expect in 2019:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)– Experts predict AI technology will become an invaluable resource for collecting customer and audience data in the near future. Not only can AI help you master customer segmentation, it can also be used to automate certain areas of your business— chat bots, for example.
- Augmented and Virtual Reality– Reality altering tools are not a gimmick. The most successful applications of this technology allow customers to “try out” products in a virtual space. With big name brands like IKEA, Gap, Marriott and more finding huge success with AR and VR marketing, it’s clear that the allure of these tools will not fizzle out.
- Voice Search– Google Voice, Alexa and the Echo have changed the way households operate. Voice search technology is now an integral part of everyday life in many homes across the world. Because so much of the population has adopted voice search so easily and readily into their lives, it is a good idea that your business ensures your website and any online properties you might have are updated to be compatible with navigation via voice search.
- Native Ads– When ad blockers were first popularized, the effectiveness of traditional website advertising, like pop up ads, was put into question. Deloitte Global has predicted that 80% of adults in North America use ad blockers in some capacity. That is a lot of people that are not seeing ads when they browse online. Native ads, which are ads designed to look and read like the editorial content on a webpage, are the way advertisers worked around the issue of ad blockers. This year, invest in native ads to be sure audiences are seeing your ads.
- Vertical Videos– Mobile browsing is quickly gaining as the preferred way for Internet users to get online. Videos are also among the most popular type of content viewed online. Put two and two together and you have the rise of vertical video. In 2019, your videos will find the most success in a vertical format, especially when you’re posting to platforms like Instagram.
The year had just begun, which means you have everything to gain by adopting these social media trends early on. Get ahead of your competitors, expand your reach and develop lasting connections with consumers by experimenting with these social media trends.